It is currently Wed 22. Nov 2017, 12:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue 26. Mar 2013, 12:25 

I currently use X-10 in my house and ActiveHomePro software for macros timers etc (working through a CM15 which also gives access to RF controllers). I want to expand using PLCBUS but want to retain my X-10 modules because I can't afford to replace them all at once. What hardware / software configuration do I need to allow me to add PLCBUS modules and control / manage existing X-10 modules all from the same controller software?

PostPosted: Thu 28. Mar 2013, 13:23 
Administrator

You need one unit of PLCBUS-4808 for each phase. (PLCBUS-4808 is like a gateway)
PLCBUS-4808 will translate X10 to PLCBUS and also translate PLCBUS to X10.

So you can control PLC-BUS modules by X10 controller and also control X10 modules by PLC-BUS controller.

PostPosted: Fri 29. Mar 2013, 19:18 

Presumably I will also need some hardware / software to manage newly added PLCBUS modules (set User name, house code unit code etc) and also I suppose set the user code for the new 4808?

PostPosted: Sat 30. Mar 2013, 09:25 
Administrator

That's right!

You need any PLC-CBUS controller like 4034

Or - PLC-BUS interface 1141 and any software like homeVisu or PLCBUSController 2.0
Software solution has the benefit not only to set up PLC-BUS also to control an visualize your installation

PostPosted: Sun 31. Mar 2013, 11:09 

Thank you. Two more questions:
1. If I get 4808 + 1141 + software, can I control and visualise existing X-10 modules from the software as well as new PLCBUS modules? Also I have X-10 macros and timers currently run through CM15 + ActiveHome Pro - can these be reproduced on homeVisu (I see macros in the detailed demo but not timers for automatic commands)? I really don't want to use two different software (Active Home + homeVisu) / hardwares (CM15 + 1141) together.
2. I've looked at homeVisu on the website and looked at the (comprehensive) manual. It looks terrifyingly complicated - or is it just that it comes "plug and play" but is very customisable? Can you reassure me (I am technically quite enthusiastic but definitely not a pro or a tech) that it is user friendly.
Regards

PostPosted: Mon 1. Apr 2013, 08:39 
Administrator

1. Yes you can also control existing X10 moduls, but you can not visualize status (ON/OFF).
X10 do not have such a feature like PLC-BUS.

2. homeVisu you can generate your own surface. It is like you make a PowerPoint presentation. You do not need programming skills.
There is also PLCBUSController 2.0 software available. Both software you can download test versions.
homeVisu
PLCBUSController